The aim of my final project is to revitalise an area of Sevilla and to revive bring the existing buildings back into use. The design brief consists of a school, whereas there are
other uses too which can be either connected or autonomous of to the school. It´s depend of
depending on the hour of the day.
The site has existing
buildings These buildings which were used when the railway passed there. The old
station of San Bernardo is nearby.
The programme of the school is stretched between these existing buildings creating different outside play spaces: defining rather than occupying space.
All classrooms are connected
to outside classrooms to enable teaching in the natural environment. Furthermore, Natural light is integral both
to the classrooms and to the communal spaces.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I show my final project. It´s
placed in Sevilla. The design brief consist of a school, whereas there are
other uses too which can be connected or autonomous of school. It´s depend of
the hour of the day.
The site has existing buildings. These buildings were used when the railway passed there. The old station of San Bernardo is near.
The site has existing buildings. These buildings were used when the railway passed there. The old station of San Bernardo is near.
The aim of the project is to revitalise this area and to revive the existing buildings.
The school is inserted between the existing buildings with a stretching programme. This shape of the building creates different outside play spaces.
All classrooms are connected to outside classrooms to enable teaching in the environment.
Natural light is integral both to the classrooms and to the communal spaces.
Its structure is metallic to allow the use of large spans.



Sandra, well done! I like this description of your project and my only criticism is that there isn't an image of the building. I know the site well and it is always so sad to pass it and see it neglected. I love the existing buildings, the metal water tanks particularly.
ReplyDeleteI didn't have to correct very much, your English is fine. I have suggested alternative ways of expressing the same idea, and added words to help link ideas. But on the whole it's a good description and I hope you are very pleased. I am.